What to do 
in case of problems?

Comprehensive examination and treatment of heart diseases
Centre for International Clinical Studies

Should I call an ambulance?

We see patients responding inadequately to their medical condition on a daily basis. Some are concerned that they are bothering us unnecessarily, others are (or have been) convinced that they will "figure it out".
At least a few basic recommendations:

A sudden change in health status should always be consulted as soon as possible with a doctor - depending on the time, with the GP, the specialist with whom the patient is being seen, or by way of the ambulance, 155 or 112.

In particular, the following symptoms: speech and mobility disorders, sudden shortness of breath or palpitations, unconsciousness, chest pain, abdominal pain.

Patients with a known heart or vascular condition should be given a nitrospray by their doctor, which is applied under the tongue in case of chest pain. The pain should subside within 2 minutes after application. If the pain persists, a doctor should be called.

If it is a long-standing problem that has already been discussed with a doctor and there has been no change in the intensity, nature or frequency of the problem, then simply wait for a scheduled check-up or recommended examination. However, it is always better to consult than to ignore a problem. It may, in extreme cases, even save a life.